Gas conditioning towers (GCT) are used in industrial applications to cool gases upstream, ahead of bag filters, electrostatic precipitators or our Dual-Action Filters. They are considered to be the most effective type of cooling systems in treating exhaust process gases.
Redecam offers two different GCT water injection systems:
- A Spillback Injection System, based on spillback nozzles;
- A Dual-Media Injection System, in which water is atomized by water pressure and compressed air.
What makes our GCT systems better than the rest?
- Even mixing. We have mastered our Gas Distribution System (GDS) to avoid any uneven gas/water mixing. Our GDS can even be applied as a retrofit to improve GCTs in existing installations;
- Smaller tower size. Our market-leading GDS and our top quality nozzles both reduce the required gas retention time in the tower, allowing the tower to be more compact;
- Optimized control system. Redecam’s control system technology regulating the GCT is designed to optimize reaction times, allowing our customers to cope with new process conditions at the tower inlet rapidly to ensure continued efficiency.